Every material on this site is authentic and was extracted from the complete available project. Click to GET IT NOW
MS-WORD DOC | CHAPTERS: 1-5 | PAGES: 44 | PRICE: 3000 ONLY
THE EFFECT OF EMPLOYEE JOB SATISFACTION ON ORGANIZATIONAL PRODUCTIVITY (A CASE STUDY OF UNION BANK NIGERIA PLC, ENUGU BRANCH).
1.1 THE BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Workers plight in the country today has left many well meaningNigeriawith many question some of these questions are how to satisfy our workers in their various establishments.
More so how secured are jobs in the hands of employee in the public and private sector. Is there anything like job security these day? Experience and observations have been witnessed mass retrenchment in all the sector of economy.
Employees have adopted mass retrenchment as only visible solution to solve the problem.
Obviously the truth is that there is no more job satisfaction among workers and employer. The reasons being that unsatisfied feelings and measured nature of their job. In the light of the above circumstance, it will be very difficult. If not possible for workers facing the delima to dedicate and committed to their job.
It will be very difficult for such employer to integrates their corporate objective with the individual workers.
The moment workers objective colieded with organizational objectives this will led to bifurcation of objective.
This term bifurcation of objective is very dangerous in both productivity and industrial harmony. It is simply means that workers personal interest are vigorously pursed.
How ever this study is based on the first three human needs theory propounded by Maslow. These are the physiological needs, safety needs, esteem need, belonging need of Abraham Maslow.
It is important to hold a constant factor other than the nature of work in company device, from hob varying in level of skills and complexing, since job satisfaction is very greatly in the satisfaction and degree of commitment.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
In the course of this work the researcher identify some key factors that will help identify the effect of employees job satisfaction on organizational productivity in union bank Nigeria Plc. Enugu.
- To find out if the existence of job satisfaction the selected organization effects the organizational productivity.
- To discover if there is any force in workers ability towards the organizational productivity.
- To findout if management of various selected industry, have in any contribution to the plight of workers ineffectiveness in job satisfaction.
Therefore the researcher will center on the above identified problems and other factor, which might be discovered in the course of the investigation based on the effect of employees job satisfaction on organizational productivity view to identifying issues and prospect as the affects.
- Provision of welfare
- In consistency, in pigment of workers salarics
- Workers attitudes to work.
- Wages and salaries administration
- Promotional policy in selected industry
- Features and prospects in encouraging workers.
More so, high lighten suggestion for general existing policies and amendment of existing policies and regulation where the needs arise. This will enhance mutual understanding and peaceful co-existance between management and workers of the organization.
1.3 THE PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
These study is designed to investigate the effect of employees job satisfaction on organizational productivity in the selected business enterprise inEnuguwith view to identifying issues and prospect as the affects.
- provision of welfare
- in consistency, in payment of workers salaries
- workers attitudes to work
- wages and salaries administration
- promotional policy in selected industry
- features and prospects in encouraging workers.
More so, high lighten suggestion for general existing policies and amendment of existing polieres and regulation where the needs arise. This will enhance mutual understanding and peaceful co-existance between management and the workers of the organization.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The findings from the study serves as a reference for future researchers who may while wish to explore the subject. This will enable them to get feedback regarding the effectiveness of the subsequent policy formulation and planning.
The employee themselves will find this study very useful it will the need arise. The motivational tendency of workers to feel that their effort and welfare have been recognized in an organization.
It will also give the employees the idea of what to expect the management to do for them and also serve as a guide enabling them set limit to their unnecessary demands.
The employee will serve the effort of any of the management and restores sanity to organization productivity. The workers used for the study should not only be useful at a practical level but all in the theory where it would assit in propagating knowledge in workers job satisfaction. It would also constitute a useful and interesting text in library. The study would also provide a data base for future research work.
1.5 THE SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This study was limited to three selected business enterprise in Enugu North Local Government Area of Enugu state, to make researchers work easier to coordinate.
These selected industry are as follows
- Service industry
- Banking industry
- Production industry.
There are many motivational tools available in satisfying human being of various categories, in most establishment, but this study entirely based on studying those satisfaction that directly related to job satisfaction.
1.6 RESEARCH QUESTION
It is the objective of this study to know if:
- Whether the workers are attracted in the company
- workers are happy working with their company.
- The effects of workers are will recognized and rewarded.
- Whether workers are well paid by company.
- How banks staff and customers relate to one another.
1.7 THE DEFINITION OF IMPORTANT TERMS
- Output = The finished products production
- Input = The material composition finished product.
- Paradoxical = The result, that is the opposite of expectation.
- Psychological life = The driver in human life
- Drive = The motivational to act or carry out an action.
- Emotion = The inward feelings for outward observation.
- Job satisfaction = The total body of felling that an individual has about his job.
These feelings inverted in effect, weighing the sum total of influence of job.
- Job dissatisfied = When those some total of influence on job are non existence .
- Ethic = The professional rules or code of doing job/.
- Delima = The crucial state of incident
- Corporate objective = the company set goal.
- mirage = The deserving aspect of something
- Bifurcation of objective = When the corporate objective conflict with the workers objectives.
- Conceptualized = This means the imagine and visualized the presence of something in presence.
- Circulation flow = This means continuous movement.
- Interesting = The job or satisfaction and desire from doing something he likes.
Cumbers Mim (1976) Job satisfaction London Macmillian Publisher
Bcayfield and Crockert (1985) Employee attitude and Performance, U.S.A, Hugotcy
Adesunloye R.O Role of Employees Business TimesAugust 10 1980 p.5