Every material on this site is authentic and was extracted from the complete available project. GET IT NOW
MS-WORD DOC | CHAPTERS: 1-5 | PAGES: 54 | PRICE: #3,000 ONLY
AN INVESTIGATION INTO THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT ADMINISTRATION
- STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
In any organization, public or private personnel play an in dispensation role in the success and growth of the organization.
A cursory look at local government management in the state typifies that they cannot perform optional because they see personnel management strategies as irrelevant. No wonder local governments in the state are totally dependent on government subsidy. Inability to cater for the growth of the local government is the resultant effect of unproductivity.
- OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The major purpose of the study includes:
- To identify the significant relationship between personnel management and local government administration
- To find out the effect of personnel management strategies on local government goals and objective attainment.
- Examine the role personnel administrative unit in local government administration.
- To known whether local government in Abak has attached whether local government in Abak has attached importance to personnel management.
- To identify different personnel management tools as they contribute to the success of the local governments in the state.
To attain objectives of this study the following research questions are designed and used as guide.
1. Is there any significance relationship between personnel management and local government administration?
2. Is there any significance difference between effective personnel management and the growth of local government administration?
3. Is there any significance difference between local government personnel management and improving local government administration management.
4. Does manpower development have any effect on local government administration?
5. If there is, what level effect does it has on local government administration?
6. Will performance appraisal serves as a communication factor for local government administration?
7. If yes to question 6 above, what extent does it serves?
8. Will training and development have any effect on local government administration services?
9. Does your local Government council attach importance to effective management of local government personnel?
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The study will be of importance to the following groups of peoples.
1. It will help for the growth and productivity of the local government administration.
2. Effective personnel management will help to create more job opportunities in the Local Government Area.
3. It will also help to know the role of personnel administrative unit in local government administrative.
4. Effective personnel management will increase the economy of the local government and serve as a reference to poor administration.
The researches works enable the researcher to be acquainted with the fundamentals of research.
It has helped the researcher increase his knowledge and skills. Moreover, the research will help in fulfilling the requirements for the award of National Diploma (OND) in management.
Also the study might be of help as reference materials to others researchers who might be conducting similar research work and to educate more on the usefulness of personnel management in local government administration.
1.6 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
Hi: There is no significance difference between personnel management and local government administration.
Hii: There is no significance relationship between personnel management and improvement off local government administration.
1.7 LIMITATIONS/SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The study was limited to Abak Local Government, Akwa Ibom State. Personnel management of local government, Abak for various years was used owing to limited resources.
Regarding time, comparisons could not be made with other local government in the state.
1.8 DEFINITION OF TERMS