Every material on this site is authentic and was extracted from the complete available project. GET IT NOW
MS-WORD DOC | CHAPTERS: 1-5 | PAGES: 70 | PRICE: #3,000 ONLY
A STUDY ON THE EFFECT OF THE INTERNET ON MEDIA PRACTICE IN NIGERIA
1.2 Statement of Problem
This project is carried out to determine the effect of the internet on media practice in Nigeria. It will also be used to find out how much of the modern day journalist makes use of the internet and to find out how much the internet has affected the modern day journalism in the world over.
Also to determine the rate at which the public pay more attention to internet news and news stories more than the traditional news media.
The internet as a medium of media communication, is it for everyone or for just some sect of people.
Moreover, has the internet added positively or negatively to the dissemination of news to the public? These are the identified problems of the study that the researcher intends to find solution to.
1.3 Purpose of the Study
The purpose of this research is to appraise the impact of internet on journalism practice in Nigeria with the aim of bringing to limelight what underlines the underutilization of the new communication technology in Nigeria journalism profession. It also looks at the lower of latest technology and how it changes the traditional journalism.
The project has been decided within the scope of five chapter. It seeks to appraise the fact of whether the internet is a positive addition to the internet or a negative influence.
1.4 Objectives of the Study
This study aims to find out the following:
- To find out how much the internet has affected the practice of journalism in Nigeria.
- To find out the percentage of people who rely on the internet for their news updates.
- To know if the journalist find the internet very useful or not.
- To determine the rate at which people rely on the internet for current news.
- To determine if the traditional media practice is still relevant.
- To determine how many people have access to the internet.
- To determine if the internet is generally used or whether only a few people.
1.5 Research Question
The research question is designed to determine the effect of internet on media practice in Nigeria, so the following questions will be asked in an effort to achieve the aim of this research.
- To what extent has internet developed the level of media practitioners in Nigeria?
- To what extent is it true that journalist use the internet to send or receive information?
- To what extent is it true that internet help reporters get information?
- Of what usefulness in the internet to media practice and media practitioners?
- How effective is internet on media practice in Nigeria?
1.6 Definition of Terms