Every material on this site is authentic and was extracted from the complete available project. GET IT NOW
MS-WORD DOC | CHAPTERS: 1-5 | PAGES:155| PRICE: #3,000 ONLY
THE IMPACT OF HUMAN CAPITAL DEVELOPMENT
1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY
This study of human capital development is very important issue in every organization which focuses on growth, viability and survival of any organization. Whether private or public, manufacturing or non-manufacturing is effective acquisition, utilization and maintenance of the organization’s human resources. The human resource is so critical to organization survival such that it has judging by today’s complex business environment, been acclaimed as the most vital resource available to any organization. It is a study that concern with an inquiry into human capital training and development with special reference to department of national civil registration (DNCR). The rapid economic growth and development of sectors of the economy since the attainment of political independence enhance the need for human capital development strategies in the (DNCR). No matter how efficient and sophisticated your machines, tools and equipment are and no matter how vast your human element will have to put those material resources to use.
At this junction, training can be looked into just as a new born baby needs guidance to acquire the skills common to all human beings in the society so also does a new employee (and old employees for changes in method of world need to acquire new skills where possible especially when he/she lacks such skill.
The international labour organization (ILO) defined training for commerce and industry as concerned with the acquisition or development of these skills knowledge techniques, attitudes and experience which enables an individual to make his most effective contribution to the combined effort of term of which he is a member.
Human capital development strategies.
The efficiency of any organization depends largely on how well its members are trained. Training and development strategy of staff in the department of national civil registration (DNCR) needs to be intensified. In order to improve its services profitability management/employees relationship and also reduce human capital wastage.
In modern industries or ministries especially in the (DNCR) where changes are taking place at a rapid pace, staff should be trained on a continuous basis in order to remain adaptive and responsive to these changes, to be able to do this, the organization should adopt a strategic approach to training which aims at defining corporate goals, setting up of objectives, planning activities and identifying the human capital needs to carry out these activities.
Generally, it is known that there is acute shortage of high level of human capital especially in the management cadre in Nigeria. It is known that personnel are militating against the rapid expansion of industrialization process and growth of the Nigeria economy with a particular reference to (DNCR) Asaba.
To abolish the ugly situation, the department of national civil registration (DNCR) are doing their best to provide non formal education by establishing external courses and on-the-job training for the employees since the employers do not solely rely on the skills acquired in the formal education focus more or theoretical work than practical. To this end, human capital training and development strategy in the (DNCR) Asaba become describe for building efficient workforce required to achieve efficiency and high profitability in the ministry.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Human capital development strategies in the department of national civil registration is generally gaining ground as a long-term investment and workers to cope with adopt to changing environment
These two hypotheses are formulated for this study
- Null hypothesis (Ho) individual training needs are not identified through performance appraisal.
Alternative hypothesis (HI) individual training needs are identified through performance appraisal.
- Null hypothesis (Ho) all categories of employees are covered by the training programme
1.4 PURPOSE OF STUDY
This study is aimed at exploring all possible awareness to satisfy the researchers accumulated curiosity by trying to:
- Have an in-depth knowledge of those problems that hinders training and development of workers in the department of national civil registration, Asaba.
- Determine the quality, types and the adequate of development training programme in the realization of the objectives specified by the organization.
- Determine the relevance of these training programmes towards output and efficiency.
This study will afford the researcher the opportunity to make some useful suggestions towards more effective output and also a more effective realization of the organization human capital activities.
- To find the varieties of training and development of the ministry
- To find out if the training and development strategy programmes lead to an increase in salary and promotion
- To find out if superior delegation of authority and responsibility is method of developing subordinates.
- To make recommendation based its findings to those in management level of the ministry plans for better, more effective more productive and expensive training programmes.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The significance or importance of this research work cannot be overemphasized as it looks into the forces that hinder human resource training and development in the department of national civil registration, Asaba.
To the researcher, the study is significant because it is hoped that the little contribution to be made from the findings will add to the innumerable literature on training and development over the years.
The study is equally vital to the employee because in the long run, employee value will be increased with respect to improve production, reduction of waste, reduce time and lots more. By this, there will be focus of motivation that will lead to persistent need to contribute to organization effort and growth.
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The department of national civil registration was established by decree 51 of 1979 to implement the national identity card programme.
Aims and objectives of the national identity card programme
- Registration of all citizens of Nigeria who at the commencement of the decree have attained or who thereafter attain the age of 18 years.
ii. Issuing to every person registered under paragraph above a national identity card.
iii. Collating all information, returned by the registrar in pursuance of their duties under this decree and reproducing such information that may be required form time under the provision of this decree.
iv. Advising the ministry on all matters relating to the minister’s function under the decree
Benefits of the national identity card to the nation and individual
Some of the benefits derivable from a successful implementation of the I.D card programme by the Federal government of Nigeria are:
- Effective control of illegal immigrants.
- Availability of a comprehensive and reliable data for planning purposes.
- Access to polls, thereby eliminating the need for expensive and fraud-prone compilation/review of voters register for every election
- Effective validation of other civil document like the driving licenses, international passport etc.
- Assistance in apprehension and conviction of criminals
- Reliable personal identification to the purpose of commercial transaction with banks, post office etc.
Qualification for National Identity Card
- You must be a Nigerian citizen
- You must attain the age of 18 years or above
The statutory duties and major functions of the ministry are:
- Registration of all citizens of Nigeria who have attained age of 18 years.
- Advising the minister on all matters relating to the ministers function under the decree
- Collating a comprehensive structure of the federal ministry of internal affairs.
The organization structure of the ministry is composed of the ministry, assisted by the permanent secretary and coordinators on each of the departments.
The departments are:
- Administration and finance department
- Citizenship and business department
- National civil registration department
- Nigeria prisons service
- Nigeria immigration service
The national civil registration is a department under the federal ministry of internal affairs. It was established in1979 to implement the national identity card programme.