Every material on this site is authentic and was extracted from the complete available project. Click to GET IT NOW
MS-WORD DOC | CHAPTERS: 1-5 | PAGES: 72 | PRICE: 5000 ONLY
INDUSTRIAL CONFLICT AS AN IMPEDIMENT TO PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT (A CASE STUDY OF ANAMMCO, EMENE, ENUGU)
1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY
For the purpose of clarity and understand it is imperative that the introductory part of this project approach the type by giving definitions of the subject of the project work.
Roder and Rogers (1973) defined the term organization or industrial activities as a stable system of individuals who work together to achieve through a hierarchy of ranks and division of labour a common goals, while on the other and Gray (1980) defined conflicts as a behaviour by one person or group of persons that is purposely designed to inhibit the attainment of goal by another person or a group of person or when one person or a group of persons deliberately interferes with the aim of denying the other goal achievement.
However, one should be careful not to confuse conflict with competition and so often the two has been interchangeable but by definitions of the two can be viewed differently.
Conflict takes place when individuals or group have incompatible goals but do not interfere with each other as they both try to attain their respective goal while competition occurs when individuals or groups have incompatible goals and they interfere with each other as they try to attain the respective goals.
In home parents suppress conflict by telling their children to stop fighting. In schools, teachers are assumed to have correct answers and exams are checked to see whether students are deviating from these. Most churches stress brotherhood and peace and not conflict.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
It has been established that conflict has been with man since beginning of mankind and has no doubt a negative impact on the administrative of personnel polices and programme. The existence hinders the said industry from achieving its set objectives no matter which ever way one may want to view it, either from the point of the employee or the employee, it is assumed that conflict is an unhealthy development towards the attainment of industrial goal. The case of ANAMMCO is viewed from the following perspectives:
1) The effect of labour- Management conflict in ANAMMCO
2) Types of conflicts and their effect on personnel management
3) The sources of industrial conflict
4) Industrial conflict resolution techniques.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF STUDY
As conflict is considered to be major set back in the administration of personnel policies and programmes and also an unhealthy development to the performance of an industry and due to the unhealthy development in ANAMMCO which resulted in poor output and general retrogression in the companies activities, it is the objective of this study to:
1) Ascertain the effect of labour-management conflict in ANAMMCO
2) Examine the various type of industrial conflict in the ANAMMCO
3) Find out the various industrial conflict resolution techniques
4) Investigate the sources of industrial conflict problem and proffer solution to them.
1.4 DELIMITATION OF STUDY
The scope of this project borders on effect of various types of industrial conflict on personnel management, the extent of work disruption by labour-management conflict, effect of ineffective communication and role function industrial conflict and techniques for conflict resolutions.
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1) To what extent does labour management conflict disrupt the activities of ANAMMCO.
2) To what extent does the various types of industrial conflict affect personnel management.
3) To what extent are the various conflict resolutions techniques applied ANAMMCO.
4) To what extent does ineffective communication and role function trigger of industrial conflict?
1.6 THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The findings of this research work are expected to contribute the following:
1) Provide suggestions to avert labour management conflict ANAMMCO
2) Help ANAMMCO works appreciate the devastating effect of industrial conflict on personnel management.
3) Provide suggestions to the various sources of industrial conflicts
Provide basic information on industrial conflict resolution techniques