Every material on this site is authentic and was extracted from the complete available project. Click to GET IT NOW
MS-WORD DOC | CHAPTERS: 1-5 | PAGES: 65 | PRICE: 3000 ONLY
MOTIVATION EFFECT ON BUSINESS ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA BREWERIES COMPANY PLC 9TH MILE CORNER UDI-LGA ENUGU STATE )
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
The Nigerian Breweries industries has board directors at the Apex of its administration hierarchy. The board of directors determines the corporate management policies while the detailed operational and tactical decisions are left to the discretion of the operations managers and departmental managers. The Nigeria brewery industry the 9th mile branch has a staff strength of about one thousand five hundred 1,500.
The organization structure of the company is complex for instance, the post of operation manager and finance control manager are horizontal and placed directly under the board of directors. However there could be role conflict among the occupant and the principle of accountability would not be effectively adhere to in such a situation of the Nigeria brewery industry 9th mile corner Enugu.
The Nigeria brewery industry has seven department viz. personnel, accounting and costly sales, stores, administration, production and mechanical, each with a manager who is directly responsible to the operation manager.
The life wire of the company is the operation department where the Nigeria brewery product is processed.
There are training opportunity in the company the current training programme include on the job training and short course abroad. Workers are also sent for training under the industrial training (ITF) programmes in Nigeria brewery industry and other states in the country.
According to the management, such training is necessary in order to achieve the industrial objectives in terms of man-power and increase in productivity. The industry maintain a clinic where emergency case like industry accidents are taken care of. There is also a staff canteen for the welfare of the work.
The effect of these moves with some motivation tools which the manager of the organization has to use and the result is that motivation has faced a lot of through and research, as to how it operatives in organization.
WHAT IS MOTIVATION
It is a Latin “Movers” it is a way of bringing out the best quality in a person to arrive at a better achievement or result. It could also mean a process crating a conducive environment that will stimulate employees to perform at a superior level.
Jones (1955) said that it is energized sustained, directs, stopped on what kinds of subjective reactions that is present in the organization and it influences characters.
Motivation could be put in a context relevant to managers. A manager major concern is definitely related to his subordinates performance. He should be interested in such questions as what factors make people happy on the job? A moment reflection will show how true. It is in case we belong to various organizations like clubs, churches, professional society or company.
We should be able to assesses how intensive we are willing to serve them without some inducements. If all these considered potentials contributors to an organization are arranged in order of willingness to serve, the scale will gradually descend from possible intensive willingness through neutral zero willingness. To this end result, it means that all those responsible for the management of and organization must build into the entire system factors that will induce people to put their best effectively and efficiently.
Organization today have larger and more complex than in the past. The master and the servant relationship has disappeared and with it gone to the day of rigid control and direction.
To get people work effectively in these changed circumstances of different approach is required.
This study is aimed at establishing the fact that human behaviours control the destiny of any organization. The success of an organization depends on the effective management of human resources available people at mostly perception especially when it comes to motivation.
We can therefore say that motivation is am important is an important determinant of human behaviour. It is that which moves one towards a goal. An organization on the other hand is a structural process in which. Individual interest for their goals and objectives. It could also mean a group of people who are bound together for unity of action and for the achievement of a predetermined objective or accomplish a given task.
These organization are vital instrument in any society. Thy should be established so as to help in this direction to increase productivity, develop mew knowledge, skills and attitudes organization to should reduce waste, improve manpower development and ensure community of leadership. Al these one hopes will lead to the enhancement.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEMS.
The Nigerian breweries Plc which I used as my case study used the motivation on stock promotion like (given their employees one create to sell and collect its money) company paid insurance and promotion as at when due but all are not enough to make all the employees happy for human being have complex characteristics hence human needs that conditions human behaviour are equal complex with a lot of variations. Theses motivation which this organization use does not bring out the best form the employees and it does not help to reduce the high rate of absenteeism.
Industrial unrest and disciplinary problems among the Nigeria breweries workers. That is why I have to state these problems if tackled will help them to enhance the motivation techniques in the organization.
1. Workers are not given the opportunity to participate in decision taking especially where it affects them.
2. Management are not helpful in resolving the conflicts among their employees.
3. Employees are not given the opportunity to fell important and to be recognized by others, which leads to a feeling of self confidence and prestige.
4. Workers are used in the organization without the provision of security that will protect than against programmes etc.
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
1. To know the extent of opportunity that are not given to the employees to particulate in decision making that affects them.
2. To examine the extent of help fullness the management gave to the employees in resolving conflict among them.
3. To investigate the feeling of importance and recognition which the opportunity are not given to the employees.
4. To examine the need of security in the organization for it protects employees against economic disaster, retirement program etc.
1.4 THE SCOPE OF THE STUDY (DELIMITATION)
The study is limited to Nigerian breweries Plc. An appraisal motivational effect is done. The provision of incentives/,motives to cover the effects is equally appraisal.
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
Below are some of the research question, which this study seeks to provide answer to.
1. What are the motivational effect.
2. How does it affect the welfare of the employees?
3. To what extent does the Nigeria breweries Plc contributes?
4. What are the possible solution to the problems?
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
It is intended by the researcher that this work if used and accepted by the government will be of benefit in.
1. Checking the activities of the Nigeria breweries Plc to ensure that they exercise their objectives as it concerns social welfare.
2. The research study if effectively applied will help to increase moral and motivation in the organization.
3. To develop an effective communication b/w the various level of employees in the industry.
4. To establish not only by economic incentives but also motivates by diverse social physiological factors.
5. TO check the impact of motivation activities in the organization.
6. It will help to result to an increase in employees moral and high motivation to work for the achievement of the organization goals.
7. If effectively applied will help to reduce the high rate of absenteeism, industrial unrest and disciplinary problems among the NBL workers.
8. It helps or assist the organization to improve and adopt strategies of motivate to reduce the industrial unrest and to show pae of economic development.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
For the purpose of this research study, various terms informs of vocabularies in business languages as applicable here are defined for easy understanding.
1. MOTIVATIONS: This refers to as the way urges, aspiration, drives and needs of human beings directs or wanted or explain their behaviours.
2. ACHIEVEMENTS: It is attainment of successful issue or objective by an employee in a work place.
3. INCENTIVES: The motivational factors by management to motivate employee eg Bonus, praises etc.
4. OBJECTIVES: The ends which the organization and employees seek to a by its existence and operations.
5. RESPONSIBILITY: It is an obligation to use authority to see that duties or task are performed.
6. BONUS: The payment of compensation to the employees, inform of each bonuses stock bonus etc.