Every material on this site is authentic and was extracted from the complete available project.Click to GET IT NOW
MS-WORD DOC || CHAPTERS: 1-5 || PAGES: 29 || PRICE: ₦3000
THE IMPLICATIONS OF EMPLOYEE MOTIVATION ON PRODUCTIVITY IN A MANUFACTURING ORGANIZATION
This research work was carried out to know the effect of employee motivation on productivity in a manufacturing organization. The research going on the motivation that motivation is one of the factors which urges workers to work efficiently and effectively which leads to an increase in productivity and achieving the objectives of an organization management should try to see that workers are satisfied with the working condition and environment of the organization as these will help workers to work efficiently, satisfactorily of subordinates who are involved in every organization activities is a basic tool for any manger to carry his function very well. Knowing the effects of employee motivation on productivity mangers should use the right motivation techniques which will satisfy his workers in order to achieve the organizational goals or objectives. From the researchers experience in Nigeria Bottling Company limites,WarriDeltaState, his area of interest was the effect of employee motivation aspects and he noticed some administration flow in the management motivational. The method of data analysis for his study were seared, scored and radically analysed. The percentage was applied in the result of these analysts which were used for testing the research questions and decided on the study. It is very obvious that the effect of employee motivation on productivity in manufacturing organization is vital for any organization that want to increase productivity and make profit. Based on the research study, the researcher recommended the following point that will help the company (Nigeria Bottling Company Ltd) to achieve their objectives. They are:
- Participative system of leadership should be adopted by the management.
- The recognition and application of some motivational theories like Maslow’s hierarchy of needs, Hertzberg’s two factor theory and Vrooms expectancy theory will be good instrument to managers in motivating his employee to get their benefit like bonuses and awards, retirement gratuity and pension.
- Promotion should be based on individual merit and relates to achievement and ability to perform.
It is clear that motivation is one of the factors which urges workers to work efficiently and effectively. The “motivation can be said to be a driving force that gives rise to behaviour in relationship to the native of the force. Its non or improper application can cause inefficiency to workers, thereby causing the organization to have low level of productivity. Any firm whose aim is to maximize profit and have high labour productivity should try to know what makes individuals to work very efficiently in the organization. The finding of motivational model that can be used to make workers reach the stated objectives and goals of an organization is the main aim of an organization and this study. The understanding of why people behave as they do and the ability to motivate them to behave in a specific way they are interrelated qualities which are important to managerial effectiveness. Satisfaction of subordinates who are involved in every organizational activities is a basic tool for any manager to carry out his function very well. It is good for a manager to know the employees, because it is an objective of coming into the organization, because it is believed that these motivation workers hard in an organization. The manager should try and provide the solution to these needs. Management should try to see that workers are satisfied with the working conditions and environment of the organization, as these will help workers to work effectively. However, their study is vented to Nigeria Bottling Company Limited to find out the way and effects of employees motivation on workers for effective productivity.
1.2. STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEMS
The main problem that leads to the researchers research of the effect of employee’s motivation in Nigeria Bottling Company Limited are as follows:
- Knowing what motivates workers in an organization
- The problem of motivational techniques to be used to motivate workers in their various working place.
- How effective are the existing motivational techniques on the efficiency of workers.
The problems have in some cases resulted in shabby production process in the organization. The researchers embark on writing of this project as to recommend avenues for solving these problems for effective production. The problem are as follows
- Continuous decreasing of productivity
- Ineffective productivity
- There is reduction in output
- Problems of identifying workers need
- Low performance of workers
- Problem of selecting the right motivational techniques to be used.
1.3. PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
This study has its objectives. They are as follows:
- To know what motivates people to have as they do
- To create a relationship between motivation and job performance
- To discover if productivity actually increases by the motivation of the workers in an organization
- To determine how workers react to different types of motivational techniques
1.4. SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The knowledge of the effect of employees motivation productivity is the importance of the study. a manager who uses the right motivational techniques will satisfy his workers in achieving the organizational goals. This project will effectively help every management statement to use it and where it will be applicable. It will also help researchers to know human wants are numerous, but at least to an extent so to achieve the state goals and objectives of organization.
1.5. RESEARCH QUESTION
1. Does employee’s motivation affect productivity
2. Does employee motivation affect productivity. In a manufacturing organization.
3. Is motivation important in an organization
4. How does motivation increase productivity in organization
1.6. SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The only used establishment on this study was Nigeria Bottling Company limited no other establishment or organization was used.
1.7. DEFINITION OF TERM
In avoidance of mis-interpretation and mis-conception of ideas from this study, it will help to define some of the principle term employed or used.
Motivation: All the activities involved in the satisfaction of workers derived, desire, need and similar forces in order to induce them to act in a desire manner towards achieving goals and objectives.
Output: Quantity of goods produced
Effective: Able to bring about result intended
Efficiency: Producing a desired result
Responses: Ones reaction to something
Satisfy: When one is contend on something we say that his satisfied.
Labour: Skilled and unskilled worker in an organization
Identify: Knowing one’s need
Management: Those concerned in managing an organization.