Every material on this site is authentic and was extracted from the complete available project.Click to GET IT NOW
MS-WORD DOC || CHAPTERS: 1-5 || PAGES: 47 || PRICE: ₦3000
THE LEADERSHIP STYLES OF MANAGERS IN SELECTED ORGANIZATION IN ASABA METROPOLY
This research work is designed to ascertain the leadership styles of managers in Asaba metropolis. This study employed stratified sampling in gathering information or data which were analysed by employing percentage and their stratified tools. The major findings from the study include the various leadership styles the qualities of a good manger. The study also helps to make leaders understand the various things or characters that are erected of their staff in other to achieve their set goals in the organization.
1.1 Background of study
Leadership can be seen as the process of leading different people of different characters in order to achieve a set goal. Also it can be seen as a way of leading people into the right track of achieving or actualizing of set goals either to the organization or to themselves or even to the society.
The leadership style of a manager in an organization is use to determine the progress of the organization either it will fall or rise.
Managers are expected to be of good conduct to enable the staff or subordinate to be effective and diligent to their work. In order for an organization to be effective, the leadership styles of the manager in the organization has to go through the various concept of leadership of or leadership in order to manage the changes of leadership in the society and the organization.
The term “Leadership” in sense resembles the concept of love. It is something most people feel they can recognize but find difficult to define.
Therefore, the purpose of this word leadership is the ability of a person in a group to persuade, inspire or influence the attitudes, behaviors and actions of others or the activity of the organized group so that the group members can work co-operatively and enthusiastically towards goal achievement. Peretomode V.F. and Peretomode O. (2001).
As Davis Lamb, Mckee (2004) points out, leadership is the human factor, which binds a group together, and it also motivates the group toward goals. They found that trust and confidence in top leadership was the single most reliable predictor of employee satisfaction in an organization.
Due to the fact that we are humans we cannot be experts in leading, many people who consider themselves experts on leadership end with nothing.
Leadership is not about changing the mindset of the group but is the cultivation of an environment that brings out the best and inspires the individuals in that group.
1.2 Statement of Problem
The leadership style of managers in organization has unfortunately made many individuals make strong assertions about leadership without even understanding the great deal about leadership.
This research topic seeks to find out the various leadership styles which managers can apply and the extent to which the managers make use of them in the attainment of their organization goals
1.3 Research Questions
The following research questions are developed to guide the study.
1. What leadership style should the managers be trained on to bring about effectiveness?
2. Are the training methods made for public sector managers and private sector managers the same?
3. Does the training affect the leadership style adopted by managers?
4. Is there a relationship between leadership style and organizational growth?
5. Do managers relate well with their subordinate?
1.4 Purpose of study
The purpose of this study is to
1. Ascertain if the leadership styles of the managers have a positive effect on the organization.
2. Ascertain if the relationship between manager and subordinates affects production.
1.5 Significant of study
This study is significant in a number of ways. It will contribute to the area of the effective use of leadership style in achieving set goals of the organization, empower the managers in various organizations. It will contribute to the body of theoretical literature in the area of using the leadership styles effectively towards achieving the set goals of the organization. These findings will assist various organizations either private or pubic to bring about more enhancements to the managers of the organization.
1.6 Scope and delimitation
The study is limited to the organizations in Asaba metropolis ofDeltaState. It will focus on the managers leadership style and if used effectively in the organization.
1.7 Definition of terms
1. Leadership: According to the oxford dictionary, leadership is the state or position of being a leader. Also it is the ability to be a leader or the qualities a good leader should have. It can also be a group of leaders of a particular organization.
2. Managers: According to oxford dictionary sees a manager as a person running a business, a shop/office etc also a manger is a person who deals with the business affairs of an organization. Thirdly, it can be said that a manger is a person who trains and organize people or groups.
3. Organization: According to oxford dictionary it defines organization as a group of people who form a business, club etc together in order to achieve a particular aim or goals.
4. Styles: Can be said to be attitudes or characters or ways a person behave or treats his subordinate or the people around him.