Every material on this site is authentic and was extracted from the complete available project.Click to GET IT NOW
MS-WORD DOC || CHAPTERS: 1-5 || PAGES: 39 || PRICE: ₦3000
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT OF EMPLOYEES AS PANACEA FOR IMPROVING PRODUCTIVITY IN AN ORGANISATION (A CASE STUDY OF GUINNESS DISTRIBUTORS IN WARRI)
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
One of the most important references that is difficult in any organization is human resources. This resources, is effectively controlled and managed will improve the organization to achieve its goals in due course.
Having reached this, there is need to have a competent experience and loyal staff for effectiveness and efficiency of work done by them and they will improve the environment condition of the organization.
To get this, the organization must form and develop its employees. To do this objective, an organization must therefore systematic recruitment, selection, and management procedure in place.
There is this belief that people posses from having necessary skills needed for production of good and services and that with sufficient exposure to practical experiences, desired personnel would rise to a high managerial problem on the labour market. But these belief was shaffered soon after the great depression of the 1930’s when the so called “destined executive or personnel” lost their area of omnipotence and for the first time, they had depression on their faces. These people were not producing to their expectation, production was not moving well and because of this, they were not able to meet the demand of their customers. This brought about personnel training and choosing the right man for the job.
Training and development of employee do not just increase the level of productivity and there are other things that will increase productivity in an organization, but in this research, we will focus on training and development.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE STUDY
For many years back, many establishment have been experiencing serious economic recession. This is principally due to the incompetence of the staff employed many organization did not considered their staff seriously and this has become a serious problem affecting them as a result of these acts. The survival of these companies is certainly due to how productive the workers are: bad, output, increase wastage etc.
This research study would be based on finding out how best the multinational consumer product producing. Companying staff can be made to develop a high productivity level after its employee training and development on organizations productivity.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The purpose of these study is to examine the extent to which training and development is been implemented in the brewery sector using Guinness Plc as a case study.
The objective of this study includes the following;
1) To identify the problem associated with training and development in an organization.
2) To examine how high productivity is built in the attitude of staff who work together effectively and efficiency.
3) To analyzed the problem faced in the organization.
4) To identify how the attitude and skills of workers improve productivity in an organization.
5) To examine the importance of training and development in an organization.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTION
The following research question will serve as a guide to which the study will take.
1) Does training improve productivity in an organization?
2) Is there any problem associated with training and development in an organization?
3) How does training improve productivity in an organization?
4) Is there any important training and development in an organization?
5) Why do employee’s who are under going training in the organization perform better than those who do not?
1.5 SIGNIFICANT OF THE STUDY
Training and development of employee’s is one of the most frequently used concept in the entire field of organization and personnel administration is being appreciated by most business organization in Nigeria as an important area to the efficient training of the organization.
According to Oraham (1998), by improve employee ability to perform the tax required by the company. Training allows better use to be made of human resources by giving employee a feeling of master over their work of recognition by management. This explanation illustrate the significance of the study in which we are carrying out.
This study is significant because it would enable employee and trainer to design the content of their training programmes to reflect the training need to their employee. Training will then bear relation with what the employee will be expected to perform after the programme.
Employee and training development is very important because it is trough their medium that men realized their occupational goals and the undertaken of the concept of employee training and development and effective practical application will enhance the steady growth of the organization.
Having obviously highlighted employee development and having programmes as being the keystone for achieving high job performance in an organization, manager’s and student of management stands to benefit from the study. The recommendation will therefore help to add to the body of knowledge in personnel administration and personnel management. Also entrepreneur who are mostly interested in the size of profit generated by their business, are not left out from the study.
Logically, high job performance that will result from employees training and development, which may lead to increase in production and profit.
The result of the study would give basis for researcher, since it will spur other researcher into a great study in the area of management to validate the findings of the intended studies and add to existing knowledge in the administrative science.
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The study is limited to a sector of Guinness(distribution) within Warri and Ughelli environs inDeltaStateto ascertain how manpower training and development can improve worker’s productivity in the organization.
The researcher seeks the view and opinion of staff in the organization to carryout the research work.
This work is design to highlight the important and usefulness of training and development in an organization. The research is limited to training and development in the Guinness offices in Warri and Ughelli for reasons of time cost and to ensure maximum control and responses.
1.7 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
There are three major constraints which include the following.
- The problem on the part of the bank official on Guinness Nigeria Plc and executive manager’s that give the excuses of having better things doing and that they have no time to five the questionnaire and some of the staff need guidance to fill the question.
- The major constraints on the part of the researcher were that of limited schedule to carryout the research work couple with financial difficulties.
- Distances were also part of the limited of the study.
1.8 OPERATIONAL DEFINITION OF TERMS
- Personnel management: the planning, organizing, directing and controlling of the procurement,
- Planning: the determination to advance personnel programme which will contribute to goal in the establishment.
- Personnel staff: the employee in an organization.
- Development: increment of skills through training that is necessary for proper job performance.
- Selection: choice taken among the best.
- Training: it is activities which built up the skills and knowledge to increase the competence of people in a work place.
- Executive: it refers to any body that has position in an organization.
- Manpower: refer to human resources placement.
- Limitation: it is the set back of the course of the study.